Job Title: Survey Technician
Location: Scranton Office
LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and has been voted a Top Workplace for the last five years. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
As a Survey Technician for LaBella, you will perform survey work relating to topographic and boundary surveying, construction staking, structure monitoring and other surveying application in support of civil engineering. You will be working on a two or three man survey crew under an experience Senior Survey Technician (party chief) or in the office under the direction of Licensed Professional Surveyors.
- Perform routine professional land survey work using accepted survey practices and equipment.
- Operate various modern instruments, clear brush, drive stakes, take detailed notes, and make sketches.
- Responsible for utilizing various data collection programs to gather, retrieve and interpret survey data, and perform computations.
- Processing of data and preparation of maps and other work products utilizing AutoCAD, Carlson and other software.
- Skilled in the use of GPS devices, survey and drafting technologies, data collectors and/or Total Station preferred;
- Ability to work well on a team;
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment;
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience with Carlson, Leica & Trimble equipment and software.
- A basic knowledge of GIS data collection.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Carlson Survey.
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement